Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Puzzle Pieces



First, the four corners, Then the flat edges. Assemble the lost borders,
Walk the dizzy ledges,

Hoard one colo try To make it all connected The water and the deep sky
And the sky reflected.

Absences align ,And lock shapes into place, And random forms combine
To make a tree, a face.

Slowly you restore The fractured world and start To recreate an afternoon before
It fell apart:

Here is summer, here is blue, Here two lovers kissing, And here the nothingness shows through
Where one piece is missing.

looking closer, palms sweating, eyes watering, pulse pounding as I search and search
then covering my heart, the missing piece:

Elise you are my missing piece and where I found you is covering my heart, maybe you were protecting it maybe you were holding it but you are in it,

you will always have a place to come to here and I will be standing here waiting